New Milton Evangelical Free Church
Mission & Vision
Mission Statement: We the members of New Milton Evangelical Free Church together aim to reach people who are without Christ, to disciple them, to become workers who love Christ and who display that love through worship and service that please God, starting in New Milton, going further afield.
Vision Statement: Our vision is to work in the local community making Christ known and desired by all, using our gifts, talents and opportunities to person by person bring glory to God through their salvation. Introducing them to the pleasures of following the Lord through the clear teaching of God’s word and through examples of love in action as His word is applied to our lives.
We seek to do this through our commitment to:
- Pray together to see the gospel go forward and the church to grow spiritually (Acts 1.14; 2.42; 4.24-31.)
- Implement and support the Biblical pattern of leadership with Elders and Deacons to keep the vision alive (1 Tim. 3:1-13; Acts 6:1-7; 1 Peter 5:1-5; Heb. 13:17)
- Work and support workers in the spreading of the gospel through door to door, open airs, children and teens clubs and any new initiatives that by all means we might save some! Also in the building up of the church through preaching, teaching, preparing, catering, cleaning and all other serving ministries, equipping all for the task through Bible studies and training as appropriate. (Luke 14:23; 1 Cor. 9:19-23; 1 Cor. 15:58; Col. 1:28-29)
- Make the needs of others a priority concern helping in any way we can to ensure real love for one another (Phil. 2:4; John 13:34-35; James 2:15-17)
- Run a church program which is accessible to all age groups but that remains faithful to God and his word. Through meeting together we will encourage one another in works of love and devotion to Christ. (Acts 2:42-47; Heb 10:24-25)
- Make our building a place where people can come, knowing that they will be prayed for and will learn about our God, the God of the Bible, who has done everything to save us. Trusting that God through His Spirit will reveal to each the truth that will set them free and they in turn will devote their lives to telling others of His love bringing glory to His name. (1 Tim. 2:1; 2 Tim. 2:1-2; James 2:1-13)
- Fulfil the Great Commission by active partnership in taking the gospel further afield, whether in the UK or overseas. (Matt 28:18-20)